Monday, October 26, 2009

I Had A BAD Dream

I had a dream. Neither like Martin Luther King Jr. nor Joseph. I went to bed one night as Nwabueze but dreamt like Pharaoh. I’m in the market now shopping for Joseph to interpret. A sneak preview of my dream pattern I figure will be helpful. As a kid I usually have different dreams for every minute of my night sleep. The morning comes with a huge delete function that clears my memory and brain cache. If I’m lucky I’ll remember a few scenes from the dream. If I’m not, I won’t remember nada. The weird amnesia is limited; I never forget that I had dreams.

The movie or whatever I watched before hitting the sack often shapes my dreams. If I watched horror like Hammer House of Horror, Evil Dead, etc then I’m in grave danger. Sometimes I’ll wake up in the middle of the nightmare fall back asleep only to continue from where I stopped. It’s kinda stupid that despite the horrible effect these movies have on me I still watched them. I prefer closing my eyes when they get to the horror part to not watching at all. But the horrific screams and tunes that drift into my psyche create an image scarier than what is on TV. Back then also it was a test of courage or manliness among my peers if you can watch horror stuff. If I watched action, comedy or something like SUPERTED, well you get the message.

Today my night is beset with acute scarcity of dream. I dream sparingly and most of them come true.I still dream a lot by the day though. One of my many dreams by the day is when generators in Nigeria will suffer the same fate as dinosaurs. I’m not a huge fan of football nor am I a LOONY ZOMBIE fan of any football club but the dream is about World Cup.

In the dream, the spectacular colourful opening ceremony was in full energy and climax. I can’t remember whether I was watching from my sitting room or the stadium. Unexpectedly, somebody ran from the spectators right into the heart of the group performing in the field and………

…….....KAAABOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!

The explosion was so massive making a child’s play of Hiroshima. Deadly stampede ensued then I woke up benumbed and dazed. I didn’t see the year of the world cup, whether it’s in the past or future. Yeah it’s just a mere dream so what the fuss right? Considering the fact that a fraction of my dream comes true and September 11 2001, the possibility of this dream becoming reality cannot be banished to the obscure archives of UFO stories. What if a message/warning is being passed through humble moi? Whatever happened to a Joseph when you need one?

The last thing I would want to say later regarding this is; “SEE, I TOLD YOU SO”

SA 2010 World Cup is around the corner, organizers should put every minute detail of security in order. Those of you/us who’ll travel from far and near to witness the competition should be very cautious. Not just for SA 2010 but for subsequent world cups. I won’t blink the fact that I may be crying wolf when it’s just a starved weak sheep. A proverb in my place translates “To See And Not Talk, Kills The Elder” and “To Talk And Not Listen, Kills The Child”

In any case, take heed of my cry lest ye end with the cry.

No comments: