Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Counting On You

This is something from the archive. A letter I wrote to my elder cousin when I got bored sitting at home after my graduation. Sent via email on Monday 28 June 2004.

Counting On You

Hello Dear Dee Ugo, warmest greetings to you
Hope it's all good with you and around you
By His grace we are just getting through
l pray that we all get the best from what we do
The project is no longer a task it has been tidied-up
Our results are not yet out they still have to toss it up
That don't faze me, l won't make it a storm in a teacup
l'm bothered about doing nothing, l have to at least sup
Most people think l should rest all day having achieved one goal
That after the school stress that l now relax body and soul
But on the flip side l'm wasting in this somewhat hell-hole
Desire for achievement is in flux l need to play a lucrative role
My completion of school was greeted with a lot of fanfare
l basked in it for a while and somehow it kinda ended there
What l hoped for seemed shattered like an unlucky chinaware
Honestly right about now l'm just neck-deep in despair
Now l don't have options in my arsenal l only have last hope
l'm counting on you as pis aller hoping you will be able to cope
No language will ever explain my exact state if you say nope
lt's not an order, it's just a request within the humility scope
Ooops let me hurriedly click on send before
l run out of time l can't afford to pay for more
Time cuz l'm broke, all the regards in my store
ls what l'm sending, this is where l'll quit the floor

Nwabueze

No comments: